Linguistic Project Manager Language Technology Projects (USA)valid until: 03 Dec 2019date published: 03 Dec 2018
At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites.
To meet our current and future work commitments we are inviting applications from individuals with interest in language, technology and project management. The role involves managing concurrent projects, applying your linguistic and technical skills. The successful candidate will join a friendly project focused team supporting clients in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Linguistic Project Manager (LPM) at Appen will manage a portfolio of small to medium-sized linguistic projects for established clients and support the Language Resources team in managing large-scale linguistic technology programs. He/She is responsible for independently managing the entire scope of the project and a virtual team of linguistic consultants efficiently and effectively to meet or exceed project targets while delivering high quality.
• Autonomously plan and manage projects to quality, time, and budget; ensure effective project execution and delivery
• Onboard and train a virtual team of consultants to create, evaluate or annotate linguistic data in multiple languages
• Oversee the work of consultants, including task assignment, scheduling, and monitoring
• Prepare guidelines, training materials and tools, aligned to client specifications
• Ensure close and regular communication with all internal project stakeholders
• Share knowledge and take initiative to improve processes
• Manage client relationships through customer service and regular reporting
• Provide operational input to the Business Development team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Degree in linguistics, computational linguistics or language studies
• 1-3 years project management experience preferably in a language, linguistics, or software-related field
• Solid understanding of linguistic concepts and terminology
• Strong technical and data management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by frequent change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture
• Experience with regular expressions, scripting, or programming skills
• Native or near-native proficiency in at least one language other than English
• Familiarity with a range of Natural Language Processing technologies
• High preference will be given to candidates from the Bay area
To apply, visit this link:
You may also view these ads:
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!We are glad to bring to your notice regarding the job offer now in Tesco Group of Company so we are here to searchfor candidates that can relocate and work with for the best betterment of the future in case candidate is willingto work with us he/she can share their C V with us in our email id and if luckily selected according to his /herqualification we shall as well send the job formalities so kindly do apply with your international passport copyand one photograph along side with your Resume for more perusal Note you must share your CV in our company e...
date: 05 Feb 2019 - 05 Feb 2020
Must read about us: https://carnity.com/aboutWe are looking to hire an OUTSIDE - B2B sales executive for selling premium car business listing and online advertisements to all car businesses in the UAE.Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Al Ain, Sharjah, Ajman residentsYou are required to approach car businesses and explain the unique and vast reach of Carnity.com to help their car businesses reach more ready customers. You will be given a target of daily and weekly sales that returns in a lucrative 10% commission + basic salary along with all the other benefits of visa, medical, paid holidays etc....