Linguistic Project Manager Language Technology Projects (USA)valid until: 03 Dec 2019date published: 03 Dec 2018
At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites.
To meet our current and future work commitments we are inviting applications from individuals with interest in language, technology and project management. The role involves managing concurrent projects, applying your linguistic and technical skills. The successful candidate will join a friendly project focused team supporting clients in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Linguistic Project Manager (LPM) at Appen will manage a portfolio of small to medium-sized linguistic projects for established clients and support the Language Resources team in managing large-scale linguistic technology programs. He/She is responsible for independently managing the entire scope of the project and a virtual team of linguistic consultants efficiently and effectively to meet or exceed project targets while delivering high quality.
• Autonomously plan and manage projects to quality, time, and budget; ensure effective project execution and delivery
• Onboard and train a virtual team of consultants to create, evaluate or annotate linguistic data in multiple languages
• Oversee the work of consultants, including task assignment, scheduling, and monitoring
• Prepare guidelines, training materials and tools, aligned to client specifications
• Ensure close and regular communication with all internal project stakeholders
• Share knowledge and take initiative to improve processes
• Manage client relationships through customer service and regular reporting
• Provide operational input to the Business Development team
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Degree in linguistics, computational linguistics or language studies
• 1-3 years project management experience preferably in a language, linguistics, or software-related field
• Solid understanding of linguistic concepts and terminology
• Strong technical and data management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by frequent change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture
• Experience with regular expressions, scripting, or programming skills
• Native or near-native proficiency in at least one language other than English
• Familiarity with a range of Natural Language Processing technologies
• High preference will be given to candidates from the Bay area
To apply, visit this link:
You may also view these ads:
CannabizTeam is a staffing and executive search firm in USA which provides jobs only in Cannabis Industry. If you want to join a cannabis company in Las Vegas then you should visit cannabizteam.com and apply for Cannabis Jobs Las Vegas. We provide best company which provide a good salary package.